Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Doubletree Hotel, Claremont, CA

Doubletree Welcome

Did you know that you get a warm chocolate chip cookie upon check-in at the Doubletree!?!?! And it was good, too. If you recall a year or two ago, on one of my blogs, I wrote that Midwest Airlines served fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies upon take-off. Well...Doubletree's cookie is even better than that. I'm just saying...these efforts are redefining "warm welcome" for me when I travel. I feel quite pampered. Speaking of pampered, there is also a day spa at this hotel. Haven't been in there but it's nice to know it's there should my day be so trying that I need some attention. They're open until 8pm. Nice.

Did you notice Wolfgang Puck is in hotel rooms now? Gourmet. And you get two bottles of water. That's nice, because I don't drink from the faucet in hotels. Most places, it smells slightly funny.

And below, I love it when they give us Neutrogena. It's the kind of soap that doesn't leave a residue. It's always a funny feeling when you stay somewhere with hard water and low quality soap...no matter how long you rinse, that feeling never leaves.

Claremont, CA Aug08 007

2 comments:

Bob Dylan said...

This is a great blog! I travel a lot, so it's great to hear about other people's adventures on the road, too.

Unknown said...

Thanks, BD!! Remember, if you want to guest post, just let me know!