Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hyatt Place Las Colinas (Irving, Texas)

Hyatt Place Las Colinas

This past week, I went back up to Irving and rather than stay at the Hyatt Summerfield, I thought I'd try the Hyatt Place....love it! It was much newer, having been renovated when the Hyatt bought it. I believe it use to be AmeriSuites or something like that. The company rate we got was about $89 per night, which beat the $111 we paid at the Summerfield.

Hyatt Place Las Colinas

My favorite thing about this hotel...the sectional sofa! :) It was a great place to relax at the end of the day. Much nicer than sitting at the desk or on the bed and it goes a long way in making me feel as if I'm at home, or at least at a friend's house. No full kitchen but there was a bar with a little refrigerator. Worked fine for me. I think I have found a new home away from home when I go to Irving.

Hyatt Place Las Colinas

Oh, and the HD TV doesn't hurt either. It swivels so you can watch from the sofa or bed. The only thing I didn't like too much was the small closet door. Made getting the big suitcase in there challenging so I skipped that.

No comments: