Friday, April 17, 2009

Sky Watch in Navasota

Bluebonnets

Recently we traveled to Navasota, Texas and I found it to be gorgeous country out there! I really enjoyed our visit. I am not sure what I expected but I don't think it was rolling hills filled with lovely wildflowers....so what a pleasant surprise. Everything was really green too since they get enough rain. This is a huge field of Bluebonnets that we saw along the highway in Navasota. I loved roaming around that field!

We were only there a few hours but we did drive through town...not much going on though there were some interesting looking old buildings along the main street. I guess that would be the historic area. I'm not sure what else you do in Navasota but if I do go back, it would be to take pictures of the picturesque countryside and cool-looking longhorns.

I'm sneaking in a second shot of another field we found! :)

Field of Bluebonnets

Check out other wonderful sky shots this week at the Sky Watch!

4 comments:

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

So glad that people are coming on board with Skywatch Friday. This is a stunning field of Bluebonnets. As you know, this is the state flower of Texas and promoted by Lady Bird Johnson. Reminds us of the lavender fields of France.

Powell River Books said...

How beautiful, I guess I've never seen Bluebonnet before. Such a massive field! I chose a sunset for my Skywatch contribution. I invite you to come see it. - Margy

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, the photographer in me is so jealous, great shots! Happy SWF!

Unknown said...

So glad you visited us! Things are really bloomin' here. Please come again to Navasota soon.

Bert Miller
Mayor
Navasota